October 8, 2011

Chrome Canyon

After much searching I have returned yet again from the dark depths of internet with a large bounty of remix gold. Sound engineer and artist Morgan Whirledge (Chrome Canyon) has been heavy on my mind ever since I discovered that Kate Bush cover he did about 4 months ago, so you can imagine my frustration when I discovered that he uploaded an absolutely brilliant set of remixes to his soundcloud almost an entire year ago. I almost gagged when I saw that he had remixed Passion Pit's Sleepyhead but after about twenty seconds I had found the one good remix amongst the thousands. I can't believe I just heard about this. We're talking bass slapping, cheesy Roland chords full of synthesized 80's brass, a funk induced coma of genius. After listening to the set and downloading it entirely free on his soundcloud my ears are fully committed to tracking his every move. Listen to the rest of the set at his soundcloud.

I also recently discovered that he's actually the sound engineer for Magic Man, mad respect.


soundcloud link
facebook link

Erika Spring - 6 More Weeks (Chrome Canyon Remix)


Anoraak - Crazy Eyes (Chrome Canyon Remix)

No comments:

Post a Comment