September 30, 2011

Junior Boys @ Granada Dallas

The night started out aggravating, endless miles of 8 PM traffic were keeping me from what I anticipated to be one of the greatest shows of my life. Jeremy and Matt went on at 10:20 according to the online roster and even though it was only 8:45 I still wanted to see the first two bands. the traffic did cause me to miss out on Datahowler's performance. But right after walking into a half empty room of bustling pseudo-hipsters wearing plastic Ray Ban style wayfarers, the large projector screen advertising the next big show for The Rapture began to rise revealing a bearded man standing before a small synth and a beat work station. I was mildly entertained during Egytrixx's performance but after his second song I would have much rather stared blankly at the large Rapture ad until Junior Boys came on. Basically it seemed like he was just carelessly turning knobs and hitting sound pads, very annoying to the ears. just lots of random beat patterns and air synths. Blah so after a very bad performance from Egyptrixx (and about twenty minutes of talking to excited like minded strangers.) the lights dimmed out. The crowd erupts as Matt and Jeremy walk out of the now foggy stage. I turned around and was surprised to see that the once half empty theater had now more than tripled in size, a full house. How exciting, I had no idea there were this many Junior Boys fans in the DFW. Jeremy's wonderful voice echoed throughout the entire theater and got the crowd moving all night. The entire show my mouth was wide open in amazement this was the greatest thing I had ever seen, But the show really exploded after their last song came to a close. They thanked the crowd for coming out and left the stage, the cheers were endless for a minute, then slowly morphed into an encore chant. The boys returned to give me an eight minute encore I will never forget, it gets pretty emotional towards the end and still gives me goosebumps to watch. Check out the encore performance for Banana Ripple below. And if you get the chance, for the love of all things unholy go see them.


facebook link

Banana Ripple, Dallas TX 9/28/11

No comments:

Post a Comment