September 25, 2011

The Dirty Lungs

When I hear a good psychedelic/surf-rock/garage noise/genre raped band I can't keep myself from drawing attention to it. And The Dirty Lungs are no exception to my genre raping blog post. When listening to sounds that lack electronic intervening three criteria must be met in order for any track to be listenable. This goes for everything that clings to any of the following genres: surf, surf-rock, garage-noise, psychedelic nu-noise, psyche-rock, and all other genres that generally mean the same exact thing.

Criteria:

1. Reverb, reverb, reverb
If it doesn't sound like your playing from a shitty pocket amp in a large room it's garbage.

 2. Over-amplification
If my speakers aren't blown and rattling due to the fact that I was caught off guard when I clicked play, it's no good.

 3. Drugs 
If I don't immediately get a craving for hallucinogenic mushrooms during the song you took a wrong turn.


bandcamp link
facebook link

Don't Fucking Remind Me


Serial Suicide

1 comment:

  1. the cover attracted me at first, but the music is really good. great stuff

    ReplyDelete