July 28, 2011

Hooves

I should have given this a proper posting days ago, I do apologize for not being on in a while, I had to get my sleeping pattern back into livable conditions. Yes due to internet distraction a few nights ago I fell into a sleep coma at about twelve noon. The unmistakable setting sun broke through my bedroom window to rest on my sweaty forehead bringing me back to life at exactly 7:43 pm. Doh! Thank goodness it's in the past and my sleeping habits are back to normal. (As normal as a music blogger's sleeping habits can be.) getting down to brass tacks, a couple of days ago Ken Herman of New York three piece "Hooves" sent me a link to their brand new Minimus EP. It's an obscure and delightful EP with instrumentals reminiscent of Troels Abrahamsen's WHT, combined with Justin Vernon's pitchy vocals. Give it a listen starting with Airglow, a beautifully bouncy track that became an instant favorite of mine. catch the Minumus EP free for download at their bandcamp, grab it up quick.

bandcamp link


Airglow

No comments:

Post a Comment