May 15, 2011

Youth Sounds

Youth Sounds is an indie dreampop duo that started in New Orleans Louisiana, long before the band was official siblings Frederico and Erika Mejia Were busy singing in church choirs and self teaching after their parents could no longer afford voice lessons. If someone were to hold a bucket of horse piss over my head and demand three words to describe their sound, I would first inquire why they were threatening me with horse urine, and then answer: ambient, dreamy, glowpop. (I made that last one up) Upon first listen of As Strangers Would I was vaguely reminded of the song Ambition by the much poppier Norwegian band Donkeyboy, if you listen to it you might catch a hint of what I'm talking about.

facebook link


As Strangers Would

2 comments:

  1. it works fine for me, http://www.facebook.com/youthsoundsmusic

    ReplyDelete