October 23, 2011

Dreams

The line between 80's funk revival and instrumental tape tunes has officially been crossed, it sounds sort of like that dusty Jane Fonda VHS I found under my bed yesterday, but with more of a funkwave aftertaste. The LA based genius Jesse Pimenta is currently pumping out some of the sweetest crossover beats I've ever heard. The funky sound of Chic's "Good Times" in unison with a satisfied "ahhhh" gives me goosebumps every time. I'm not sure what's going on over at Absent Fever but they've been pushing some really good shit lately. I haven't even properly worn out Kynan's "Garbage Beach" and they're already releasing new shit. Check out the tunez below and loot the bandcamp for a name-yr-price download. Show some dollar signs if you dig.


bandcamp link
twitter link

4Runner


Our Theme Song

No comments:

Post a Comment