April 14, 2011

I'm From Barcelona: Forever Today

When my ears caught wind of another I'm From Barcelona album I was moderately entertained by the idea, slightly enthused at the thought of more clarinets, and happy trumpets. When asked what the album would include they replied that it would be a back to roots album full of originality, and that's exactly what you get. When listening the first time the songs don't seem quite as catchy as on the previous album but they are serious growers. I find myself humming the tune to a great handful of these all day long without even realising it. Before the album dropped they chose to release Get in Line as the album's first single, the song with the least potential on the album... in my opinion anyways. The favorite on this one is battleships, because that's the song I catch myself singing the most.


Battleships

No comments:

Post a Comment